The 5 Best Keto Chicken Recipes For Low Carbs
The keto diet is all about low carbs, and chicken is a great source of lean protein. So, it’s no surprise that there are tons of delicious keto chicken recipes out there. In this blog post, we’ll share five of the best keto chicken recipes we’ve found. From keto chicken teriyaki to keto chicken and zucchini noodles, these recipes are sure to please anyone on a keto diet. Read on to know more.
Why keto chicken?
If you’re following a keto diet, chicken is a great option for a low-carb meal. While keto chicken recipes vary, they all have one thing in common: minimal carbs.
For example, a typical keto chicken recipe might include ingredients like olive oil, garlic, and lemon juice. These ingredients add flavor without adding carbs. And because chicken is naturally low in carbs, it’s an ideal food for a keto diet.
There are endless possibilities when it comes to keto chicken recipes. You can find recipes for baked, roasted, grilled, and even fried chicken. And because chicken is such a versatile meat, it can be used in a variety of dishes including casseroles, soups, salads, and more.
So if you’re looking for some delicious and healthy keto chicken recipes, look no further! Here are some of our favorites:
Keto Chicken Teriyaki
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into small cubes
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds (optional)
In a large bowl or ziplock bag, whisk together soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, ground ginger, and garlic. Add chicken cubes and coat evenly. Let sit for a minimum of 30 minutes, up to 8 hours.
Then, preheat the grill or grill pan (whichever you’re using) over medium to high heat. Spray with cooking spray if necessary. Add chicken skewers (if using) or chicken cubes to the pan. Grill for about 10 minutes, flipping once or twice, until slightly charred and cooked through.
Serve immediately with green onions and sesame seeds (if desired). Enjoy!
Keto Chicken and Broccoli
When it comes to keto chicken recipes, this dish is a classic. It’s an easy recipe to make and can be on the table in less than 30 minutes. This classic dish is not only low in carbs but it’s also packed with proteins and healthy fats.
To make this recipe, the following ingredients are required:
- 1 lb chicken breast
- Broccoli florets
- Olive oil
For the sauce (optional):
- Coconut milk
Simply sauté chicken breasts and broccoli florets in olive oil until they’re cooked through and then season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with a side of steamed rice or quinoa for a complete meal. Or, if you want it to be a bit extra spicy, then simmer chicken and broccoli in a rich, flavorful sauce made with coconut milk, ginger, and garlic.
Keto Chicken Alfredo
If you’re looking for a delicious and easy keto chicken recipe, look no further than this Keto Chicken Alfredo! This dish is made with just a few simple ingredients and is sure to become the new family favorite.
To make this recipe, you’ll need:
- 1 lb chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Simply combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and stir until well combined. Then, spoon the mixture into a baking dish and bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbly and the chicken is cooked through. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Keto Chicken Salad
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon diced dill pickle
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well to combine. Serve chilled or at room temperature. Enjoy!
Keto Chicken and Zucchini Noodles
Looking for an easy and delicious keto chicken recipe? Look no further than this chicken and zucchini noodle dish! With only a few simple ingredients, this dish is packed with flavor and perfect for a healthy, low-carb meal. And anyway, there’s no need to miss out on delicious pasta dishes when you’re following a low-carbohydrate ketogenic diet. These keto chicken and zucchini noodles are the perfect way to enjoy all of the flavors of a hearty Italian meal without any of the guilt. The zucchini noodles provide a fantastic source of vitamins and minerals, while the chicken is a lean protein that will help keep you feeling satisfied. This dish can be easily tailored to your taste preferences by adding your favorite herbs and spices.
- Chicken breasts 1lb
To make this dish, start by making zucchini noodles. For this, make spiralized zucchini using a spiralizer. Then, cook your chicken in a pan until it’s cooked through. Then, add the spiralized zucchini noodles to the pan and sauté them until they’re tender. Finally, stir in your favorite sauce or dressing and enjoy!
Tips for cooking chicken on the keto diet
- Use chicken thighs: When cooking chicken on the keto diet, always make sure to use lean cuts of chicken such as chicken breasts. Chicken thighs are a great option for keto cooking because they are high in fat and low in carbs. This makes them perfect for a variety of keto chicken recipes.
- Season your chicken: Be sure to season your chicken with salt, pepper, and other herbs and spices before cooking to add flavor without adding carbs. This will help to ensure that your chicken is flavorful and delicious.
- Cook chicken in olive oil: To keep your chicken moist and juicy, cook it in a healthy fat such as olive oil or coconut oil. Olive oil is a healthy fat that is perfect for cooking chicken on the keto diet. Using extra virgin olive oil is even better, for it gives the best flavor and increases the dish’s health benefits.
- Use a cast iron skillet: A cast iron skillet is the best type of pan to use when cooking chicken on the keto diet. This type of pan heats evenly and helps to prevent sticking or burning.
- Don’t overcook your chicken: Overcooked chicken can be dry and tough. When cooking chicken on the keto diet, be sure to cook it until it is just done and not overcooked.
- Don’t use high-carb sauces: Avoid using high-carb sauces or marinades on your chicken as they will negate the benefits of eating keto.
- Cooking method: Use a cooking method that will seal in the juices such as baking, grilling, or frying. If baking, preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place your chicken in a baking dish or on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for half an hour, or until the chicken is cooked through.
Whether you’re trying to stick to a low-carb diet or you’re just looking for some delicious chicken recipes, these keto chicken dishes are sure to hit the spot. From a simple chicken and broccoli stir-fry to a cheesy chicken casserole, there’s something here for everyone. And the best part? Every single one of the above-mentioned recipes is low-carb and keto-friendly. So go ahead and give them a try!