Weight Loss Yoga: 6 Fat Burning Yoga Poses
Yoga has been practiced for thousands of years and is one of the most popular forms of exercise today. According to the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM), yoga can help reduce stress, improve flexibility, balance, and posture, and decrease anxiety levels. If you’re looking to lose weight and tone your body, try some of these weight loss yoga poses designed specifically to burn fat!
In this article, we’ll look at six weight loss yoga poses that are great for burning fat and helping you lose weight. If you’re new to yoga or haven’t been doing it regularly, I recommend starting with these poses and gradually working your way up to more challenging poses.
Weight Loss Yoga Poses
Weight loss yoga is a great way to burn calories and lose weight. There are a variety of poses that you can do to help you lose weight. If you’re looking to lose weight, yoga is a great way to do it. There are a variety of poses that you can do to help you burn fat and tone your body. Try some of these poses to start burning fat and get toned!
1. Chair pose
One of the best weight loss yoga poses is chair pose. This pose helps to burn calories and reduce fat. Chair pose is a standing yoga posture that tones the entire body, specifically the thighs.
Chair pose is a weight loss yoga pose that helps to burn calories and reduce fat. This is a great pose for beginners because it is not as challenging as some other poses.
How to Do Chair Pose:
1. Sit in a comfortable chair with your legs bent and feet flat on the floor.
2. Place your hands on your thighs and press your hips and chest forward.
3. Keep your back straight and breathe deeply into your lungs.
4. Hold this pose for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or longer if you can.
5. Repeat the pose as often as you like.
Benefits of Chair Pose
- Chair pose strengthens and stabilizes the legs, ankles, and feet.
- It strengthens the abdominal muscles and lower back
- It opens and stretches the chest and shoulders
- It improves your confidence and focus
If you are new to yoga, chair pose is a great starting point. It is not as challenging as some other poses, so it is a good option for beginners.
2. Triangle pose
The triangle pose is one of the most popular weight loss yoga poses. It is a great exercise for the abdominal muscles and helps to flatten the stomach. This pose is a foundational standing yoga pose that strengthens and lengthens the hamstrings and groin while also stretching the hips and opening the shoulders.
It is a great pose for burning calories and helping to reduce fat. The triangle pose is great for toning your abdominal muscles and reducing belly fat. It also helps to improve your balance and flexibility.
How to do Triangle Pose:
- Sit on the floor with your legs bent in front of you.
- Place your hands on your thighs, and press your feet toward the floor.
- Lean back until you feel a stretch in your abdominal muscles.
- Keep your neck and spine straight, and breathe deeply into your lungs.
- Hold for 30 seconds to a minute.
Benefits of Triangle Pose:
- Triangle pose activates your core muscles that aid in balance and stability.
- It reduces stiffness in the spine and back and increases in flexibility.
- It unlocks the hip flexors and shoulders that increases mobility and reduces injury risk.
- It activates your core that stimulates your digestive organs and improves your metabolism.
- It helps release the tension that results in reducing anxiety and more stabled emotional state.
3. Warrior II pose
One of the most effective weight loss yoga poses for burning fat are the Warrior II pose. This pose is also known as the warrior 1 pose.
Warrior II pose is a standing strength pose that energizes the body and mind, increasing concentration and stamina. It strengthens the legs as it opens up the chest and hips. It is a supine position that involves folding one leg at the ankle behind you, and raising the other leg up towards your chest.
The main purpose of this pose is to work on your abs and lower back. By elevating your leg, you create a vacuum that helps to tone and tighten your abdominal muscles. You also activate your lower back muscles, which help to reduce fat storage in your hips and thighs.
How to do Warrior II Pose:
- Recline on your back with both feet flat on the ground.
- Place your hands by your sides, palms down.
- Use your abdominal muscles to lift your torso off of the ground so that you are in a seated position.
- Then slowly lower yourself back down to the starting position.
Benefits of Warrior II Pose:
- It increases stamina.
- Helps to relieve backaches and stimulates healthy digestion.
- Strengthens the muscles in the thighs and buttocks.
- This pose opens up the chest and shoulders that improves breathing capacity and increase circulation in the body.
- Increases your ability to concentrate.
4. Lunge pose
One of the most basic weight loss yoga poses is the lunge. This pose targets the inner thigh and lower abdominal muscles. It also helps to reduce weight by reducing the amount of fat around these areas.
How to do Lunge Pose:
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart.
- Bend your knees until your thighs are parallel to the ground and lean forward slightly.
- Hold your hands on your hips for support.
- Keep your back straight and avoid arching your back.
- Hold this pose for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Repeat the pose 3 times weekly.
Benefits of Lunge Pose:
5. Child’s pose
Child’s Pose (Balasana) centers on creating a moment of rest. It is yoga pose that reminds us that inaction and “non-doing” can be just as valuable as action and doing.
Because it involves bending forward over the knees and compressing the body on the mat, it can be challenging both physically and emotionally. But there are variations that help the body relax into the pose. And learning to surrender into the pose is an important part of yoga practice.
How to do Child’s Pose:
- Lie down on your back with your feet flat on the ground.
- Place your hands on your hips or lower back and lift your upper body off the ground until your chest and head are elevated.
- Hold this position for 10 to 20 seconds before returning to the ground. Repeat the pose several times for a fat-burning workout.
If you’re looking to lose weight, yoga can be a great way to do it. There are a variety of poses that you can do to help you burn fat and tone your body. Try some of these poses to start burning fat and get toned!
Some of the best weight loss yoga poses include chair pose, triangle pose, warrior II pose, and child’s pose. These poses are not as challenging as some of the other poses, so they are a good option for beginners. Additionally, these poses help to reduce stress and improve your posture.
Yoga can be a great way to lose weight and tone your body. Try some of these poses to start burning fat and get toned! And of course, always consult your healthcare provider before beginning any kind of exercise program.